Chicken Breast with Sautéed Mushrooms
Mushroom lovers, this is for you! These mushrooms sautéed with garlic and sherry vinegar are incredibly flavorful, you’ll want to put them on everything. (Leftovers taste great in an omelette!)
- 1½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (4-oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 medium shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary)
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- ½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Heat 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
Heat remaining ½ tsp. oil over medium-high heat.
Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, on until translucent.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms release all their liquid.
Add sherry (if desired) and broth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Place a chicken breast on each of four serving plates. Top with mushroom mixture.